Marina Filipovic Marinshe is a 27 years old fashion, portrait and art photographer based in Zagreb (Croatia), working worldwide. She has worked with bands, publishers and companies for past 7 years to enchance their image and brand through crisp, original and imersive imagery. These leading brands include the record label Menart Records, Allianz Insurance, World Archery Society as well as the worlds’s leading publishing companies as Bloomsbury Publishing (USA) and Wiley Publishing (USA).
In 2008. Marina’s photo was chosen among 50.000 others around the world to appear on the cover of the most prestigious photography magazine in the world, the french Photo. Also, the same year, Marina received the prestigious croatian IT AWARD VIDI WEB Oscar for her PHOTO blog ( http://marinshe.bloger.hr ), which was named best blog in Croatia.
She was chosen by Fleming family and Algoritam Publishing (Zagreb, Croatia) to do the first James Bond book covers in the world with photographs on them. She did covers for the books Casino Royal, Quantum Of Solace and Live and Let Die.
Marina has been a professional photographer for seven years in which
she has published over 1400 photographs that have been viewed more
than 20 million times on the web!
Her photos are on the front pages of more than 20 literary titles in Croatia and worldwide.
In June of 2012 she premiered her first short documentary movie "Netocracy"
about the young Croatian web entrepreneurs. Movie can be watched for free here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_Nves1EO3U&feature=share&list=UUzn4Nj3H-mBkP_7q34kVZ9g
Marina has done the photography for seven music albums including very popular Edo Maajka's Spomen ploca, Elemental's Vertigo and Kings of the Street's album of the same name.
Marina’s work has appeared in various other magazines such as Digital Foto Magazine, Turkish Photon Magazine, Blur Magazine, Camera Obscura Magazine, croatian magazines Plan B and Extra, in daily newspapers Vecernji List , as well as a number of solo and group exhibitions, both local (Zagreb, Osijek) and international (Serbia, Sweden, Mexico, France, Italy, India, Cyprus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Germany).
Marina works as Editor of Photography at regional (South-Eastern Europe) business magazine „www.netokracija.com" with international issue in English "www.netocratic.com“
(January 2010 - present)
Her photos can already be found in the Mexican High school book on photography, which future young photographers will use to both learn from and inspire others - like Marina is doing today.
* Faculty of Economics, University J.J. Strossmayera / (2004-present)
graduate student, Department of Marketing Management
* School of Economics Osijek, Department of Economics (2000 - 2004)
* Attended workshop on "Individual and collective memory photo" at the Museum of Slavonia and Baranja
* Attended the workshop "Analog Photography» Student Association Osijek
* Attended workshop Fotosofia 2 as one of 15 selected. Workshop was organized by the photographer Damir Hoyka, lasting 7 days and located in Tuhelj, small village near Zagreb. (Themes: fashion, portrait, documentary and art photography.)
* Attended Masterclass by VOGUE photographer Douglas Friedman about fashion photography at Croatian National Photography Festival "Rovinj Photodays 2012" (June 2012)
1. First Prize and magazine cover, "Photo", French edition (January 2008)
2. Recognition VIDI WEB OSCAR 2008 for the best photo blog in Croatia (December 2008)
3. My Photos are included in the book of photography "Digital Design", for Mexican high schools
4. Recognition of Photoclub Osijek for outstanding achievements (December 2008)
5. Commendation for fashion photograph "Astral" on croatian annual photographic festival in Rovinj "Photodays 2010"
6. Honor from Photographic Club PASCAL (FIAP CLUB) from Cyprus for the outstanding contribution to the development and progress of the photographic art (March 2011)
7. Honor from National Academy Of Photography India For Participation in World Photography Day 2010 exhibition in Nandan, India
8. Commendation for my commercial photography produced in 2011 on croatian annual photographic festival in Rovinj "Photodays 2012"
01. Acumen Publishing (photography editor)
02. Algoritam Publishing (book covers)
03. Alfa Publishing (photos for cookbooks / food photography )
04. Extra / NCL Media Group (fashion editorial)
05. Prijatelji životinja / Animal Friends NGO (shot 4 billboard campaigns)
06. Vecernji List Newspapers (event photography)
07. Aiesec Croatia (event photography)
08. Ivana Kindl (singer, artist - cover art and promo photos for musicianss)
09. Kraljevi ulice (music band, artists - cover art and promo photos for musicians)
10. Damir Kedzo (singer, artist - cover art and promo photos for musicians)
11. Edo Maajka (singer, artist - cover art and promo photos for musicians)
12. Elemental (music band, artists - cover art and promo photos for musicians)
13. Postolar Tripper (music band, artists - cover art and promo photos for musicians)
14. Initium NGO - (event photography)
15. Index.hr - (event photography)
16. Profil.hr / Hotel Esplanade (food editorial / food photography)
17. Oblizeki.com (web mag about food / working as photography editor)
18. Netokracija.com (web mag about IT business / working as photography editor)
19. Urban Hair Academy Zagreb, Croatia (fashion & beauty photography)
20. Mobile Vip.hr / Infinum.hr (photography for mobile content)
21. Modra Lasta Magazine (conceptual photography for magazine covers)
22. Feniks Pletenina (shot 2 fashion campaigns)
23. Plan B Magazine (event photography & portraits)
24. Croatian Archery Society (billboard campaigns)
25. Kino Caffe Gric (food photography)
26. Gordon Hill (advertising photography)
27. Veleučilište Lavoslav Ružička u Vukovaru / Polytechnic of Vukovar (advertising photography)
28. S Factor Dance Studio (beauty & fashion photography)
29. Skolska knjiga Publishing (photography for book covers)
30. Lider Press Magazine (Portraits)
31. Web Start Conference 2008 (event photography) 05/2008
32. Faceokracija Conerence 2010 (event photography)
33. Tweetokracija Conference 2009 - 2010 (event photography)
34. Panonius Regional Web Magazine (event photography)
35. Ciklopea d.o.o. Zagreb (business portraits)
36. Initium NGO (business portraits)
37. 9 Lives NGO (business portraits)
38. Ideja X Conference Zagreb (event photography)
39. Restaurant Lobby (food photography)
40. Restaurant Spicek (food photography)
41. Klet Kezele / seoski turizam (food photography)
42. Moslavacka Klet / Branka Šeparović (food photography)
43. Osijek031.com (event photography)
44. Ohai d.o.o. (contributor / video creator)
45. Web Shop Lala.hr (fashion photography)
46. Procedo d.o.o. / Spotie.com (business portraits)
47. Rejhan Okanovic Regi music producer (portrait photography)
48. Lala Web Shop (shot fashion campaign)
49. Croatian Archery Society (shot billboard campaign for the Archery World Cup 2011 organized in Porec, Croatia)
50. Actor Jakov Gavran / Theater Gavran (portrait photography)
51. Blagonic.com Design Studio (portrait photography)
52. Allianz Insurance (advertising photography)
53. Wiley Publishing (USA) (photography for book covers)
54. Bloomsbury Publishing (USA) (photography for book covers)
55. Aiesec International (event & advertising photography)
56. Primus Publishing (Slovenia) (photography for book cover )
57. Menart Records (cover art and promo photos for musicians)
58. Le Web Paris 2010 Conference (France) (event photography)
59. The Next Web Conference 2011 Amsterdam (Netherlands) (event photography)
60. Domain.me Montenegro (Montenegro / USA ) (event photography)
61. Seedcamp Ljubljana Conference 2011 (event photography)
62. How To Web Conference Belgrade 2011 (Serbia) event photography)
63. Startup Week Conference Vienna (Austria) (event photography)
64. How To Web Bucharest Conference 2011 (Romania) (event photography)
65. Gorenje Slovenia / Gorenje International (portrait/editorial photography - shot annual calendar 2012)
66. Le Web Paris 2011 (France) (event photography)
67. World Mobile Congress 2012 (Espana) (event photography)
68. Le Web Paris 2012 London (UK) (event photography
French PHOTO, Digital Foto Magazine, Grazia Magazine, Gloria Magazine, Jutarnji List Newspapers, Vecernji List Newspapers, Extra Magazine, Globus Magazine, Croatian Bulb Photo Magazine, Chinese iLove Magazine, Turkish Camera Obscura Photo Magazine, Vijesnik Newspapers, Readers Digest, Metro Newspapers, Livingstone Magazine, TV Ekran Mag, Modra Lasta Magazine for Children, Glas Slavonije Newspapers, Lider Press Business Magazine, V Magazine, Index.hr, tportal.hr, netokracija.com, oblizeki.com, Elle Magazine Croatia, Epicentar Magazine, pticica.com, fotozine.com, slo-foto.net, cromoda.hr, Globus, Jutarnji.hr, dnevno.hr, javno.hr, deviantart.com, slo-foto.net, Slavonski dom, panonius.com, osijek031.com, fotke.hr, menart.hr, fotosofia.info, vecernji.hr, dnevnik.hr, algoritam.hr, sminkerica.com, tportal.hr, Brainstorming Magazine, Unreal Conceptions Web Magazine, Ixica TV, Croatian National TV, Nova TV, Slavonijan TV, digart.pl, cultureview.net, Tehno G Magazine, Osjecka TV, MTV Adria, Ekpaija.ba, Story Magazine, Storybook Magazine
My photos on covers of books and magazines:
1. JAMES BOND SHOW BY MARINSHE – ERSTE CLUB gallery, Zagreb ( 04 - 05 / 2009 )
2. FOTO ART NOUVEAU 2 - Kula (Srbija), ( 06 / 2008 )
3. FOTO ART NOUVEAU 1 - Osijek, Crvena Malina Gallery ( 03 / 2008 )
4. DIGITAL POP ART BY MARINSHE - Osijek, Big Ben Club ( 01 / 2006 )
24. Refoto group exhibition "Monochromatic World" - Home of Culture in Cacak, Serbia (06/2012)
23. Refoto group exhibition "Monochromatic World" - Artget gallery in Belgrade, Serbia (01/2012)
22. Fotosofia group exhibition of young croatian photographers - Vjekoslav Karas Gallery Karlovac (09/2011)
21. Charity Photo Exhibition "Slika za Dom", Rijeka, Croatia (06/2011)
20. Exhibition of Photoclub PASCAL, Cyprus (03/2011)
19. Fotosofia Exhibition in Krapina Gallery, Krapina, Croatia (03/2011)
18. Exhibition of Foto Club Osijek in Novi Sad, Serbia (11/2010)
17. FOTOX1000 Exhibition in Rome, Italy (09/2010)
16. Nandan (Cultural Center), Kalkuta, India (08/2010)
15. Paris - FIAP WORLD CUP 2010 - finalists
(organized by the International Organization of Photographic Arts), Paris, France (03/11)
14. Exhibition Photo Club members OSIJEK in Tuzla, Bosnia & Herzegovina (05/2010)
13. TRASHANALOGIJA (Lomography Summit & Exhibition) in Zabok, Croatia (10/2010)
12. Exhibition by the Osijek-Baranja County, Osijek Photoclub, Croatia - (09/2009)
11. Imagine Europe 2009 - Stockholm, Sweeden - (09/2009)
10. F11 - The first group exhibition of croatian photo bloggers - Gallery FER, Zagreb, Croatia (10/2008)
09. Fotosofi in Porec by Hoyka - Gallery Porec, Croatia (08/2008)
08. Group exhibition "ART CIB Vinkovci 2008", Vinkovci, Croatia (6/2008)
07. Exhibition "Croatian Photography 2007"
(organized by the Croatian Photographic Union) - Zagreb, Croatia (03/2008).
06. Festival Of Artistic Photos - FUF - Cakovec, Croatia (12/2007)
05. Exhibition "Croatian Photography 2007"
(organized by the Croatian Photographic Union) - Berlin, Germany (10/2007).
04. First International Salon of Digital Photography - Osijek, Croatia (10/2007).
03. Exhibition of Photographs of Foto Camp "Fotosofia 2" - Tuhelj, Croatia (07/2007).
02. Exhibition of young artists demo - Youth Club - Zupanja, Croatia (07/2007).
01. Exhibition of photographs by Osijek-Baranja County, Osijek, Croatia (11/2006).
Watch here my answers on FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PHOTOGRAPHY